With the addition of coconut sugar and strawberries for sweetness and almond meal for added protein.
- 250 grams strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoon extra-large eggs (60g each)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 coconut sugar, extra
- 1 vanilla bean paste
- ⅓ cup (40g) almond meal
- 10 grams butter
- 100 grams firm ricotta, crumbled coarsely
- ⅓ cup (55g) dry-roasted almonds, chopped coarsely
- 1Thinly slice half the strawberries; cut remaining strawberries in half. Combine halved strawberries with coconut sugar in a small bowl. Reserve sliced strawberries.
- 2Place eggs, oil, extra coconut sugar, vanilla and almond meal
in a medium bowl; whisk until combined.
- 3Preheat oven grill (broiler) to high.
- 4Melt butter in a 24cm (9½in) non-stick ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add egg mixture, top with sliced strawberries, ricotta and half the chopped almonds. Reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes or until half set. Place pan under grill for a further
8 minutes or until ricotta is lightly browned and mixture just set.
- 5Serve immediately topped with halved strawberries and the remaining chopped almonds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021