- 1/4 cup (60g) extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 650 jap pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 teaspoon chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 6 centimetre piece fresh ginger (30g), cut into fine matchsticks
- 185 gram water spinach, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup (20g) flaked almonds, roasted
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large wok over medium heat; cook pumpkin pieces, turning frequently, for 6 minutes until almost tender. Remove from wok.
- 2Meanwhile, combine five-spice, oyster sauce and the water in a small bowl.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok over medium-high heat; stir-fry ginger for 1 minute or until crisp. Add water spinach, tomatoes and five-spice mixture; stir-fry for 1 minute or until water spinach wilts. Return pumpkin to wok; stir through.
- 4Serve stir-fry topped with almonds.
Coconut oil is a solidified oil sold in jars and is available from major supermarkets and health food stores. Melt coconut oil as you would butter, either in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. You will need about 1 bunch of water spinach for this recipe. Water spinach is a delicious asian green with small elongated leaves and succulent hollow stems. Both the mild-tasting stems and leaves are eaten.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021