Sticky Thai pork
- 100 gram dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 gram minced pork
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 2/3 cup finely grated palm sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup peanuts, toasted, chopped
- fried shallots, lime wedges to serve
Sticky Thai pork
- 1In a large heatproof bowl, cover noodles with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- 2In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on high. Stir-fry pork for 4-5 minutes until browned, breaking up lumps.
- 3Add onion, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a plate.
- 4In same wok, heat combined sugar, juice and fish sauce until boiling. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until reduced and sticky.
- 5Return mince mixture to pan with broccolini and half each coriander and peanuts. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Toss noodles through.
- 6Serve topped with remaining coriander, nuts and fried shallots. Accompany with lime wedges if liked.
If liked, accompany with sliced carrot and cucumber tossed in rice wine vinegar. If palm sugar is unavailable, use brown sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021