Sticky Thai pork
- 100 gram dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 gram minced pork
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 2/3 cup finely grated palm sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup peanuts, toasted, chopped
- fried shallots, lime wedges to serve
Sticky Thai pork
- 1In a large heatproof bowl, cover noodles with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- 2In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on high. Stir-fry pork for 4-5 minutes until browned, breaking up lumps.
- 3Add onion, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a plate.
- 4In same wok, heat combined sugar, juice and fish sauce until boiling. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until reduced and sticky.
- 5Return mince mixture to pan with broccolini and half each coriander and peanuts. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Toss noodles through.
- 6Serve topped with remaining coriander, nuts and fried shallots. Accompany with lime wedges if liked.
If liked, accompany with sliced carrot and cucumber tossed in rice wine vinegar. If palm sugar is unavailable, use brown sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 6:37am
- 28 picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Spring rollsYesterday 1:55am
- Mixed berry muffinsYesterday 12:30am
- Almond caramel barsSep 23, 2021
- Sausage rollsSep 23, 2021
- Mussels in tomato sauceSep 23, 2021
- Air fryer vegetable spring rollsSep 23, 2021
- Our 23 best toastie recipesSep 23, 2021
- Thai spring rollsSep 23, 2021
- Teriyaki chicken salad rollsSep 23, 2021
- Easy vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2021
- TabboulehSep 23, 2021
- Greek salad lamb pitta pocketsSep 23, 2021
- 20 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertSep 23, 2021