- 1 1/2 cup (330g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cup (500ml) pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup (95g) pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely grated
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (140g) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 kilogram chicken wings
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup small fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced).
- 2Combine sugar, juice, pomegranate molasses, rind, garlic, onion powder, mustard and sauces in a medium saucepan, season. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium, cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- 3Using kitchen scissors or a knife, trim wing tips from chicken wings and discard. Combine chicken pieces and oil, spread, in a single layer, between two large oven trays. Season. Roast 35 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked through.
- 4Place chicken in a large bowl with sauce mixture, toss to coat.
- 5Serve chicken topped with parsley and pomegranate seeds.
During the final 10 minutes of cooking, stir the barbecue sauce occasionally to ensure it doesn't catch on the base of the pan. To make the chicken wings go further, cut each one in half through the joint into two pieces. Do ahead The barbecue sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead, refrigerate in an airtight container. Reheat gently before using.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020
- Hasselback potatoesMay 28, 2020