- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 300 mL pouring cream
- 100 grams butter, chopped
Sticky date pudding
- 1 1/2 cups pitted, dried dates
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 60 gram butter, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- thick cream or ice-cream to serve
Sticky date pudding
- 1Preheat oven 180°C/350°F. Grease a 22cm (9in) round cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- 2Place dates, the water and soda in the bowl of a food processor; place lid on processor, stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Add sugar and butter to date mixture; pulse mixture for 5 seconds or until dates are coarsely chopped. Add eggs, then flour; pulse mixture for 10 seconds or until all ingredients are combined. Scrape any unmixed flour back into mixture with a rubber spatula; pulse again to combine ingredients. Pour mixture into pan.
- 4Bake pudding for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave pudding in pan for 5 minutes before turning, top-side up onto a plate.
- 5Make caramel sauce.
- 6Serve hot pudding with warm caramel sauce.
- 7Stir sugar and cream in a medium saucepan over high heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced slightly. Whisk in butter, piece by piece, until melted. Remove from heat.
If preferred, make 8 individual puddings in a 1/3-cup muffin pan, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020