Sticky chicken wings
- 8 chicken wings (1kg)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Fried brown rice
- 2 green onions
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup wombok (napa cabbage) (175g), shredded finely
- 1 carrot (70g), grated coarsely
- 1 red capsicum (150g), chopped finely
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
Sticky chicken wings with fried brown rice
- 1Remove and discard tips from chicken wings. Cut wings in half at the joint. Combine sauces, honey, seeds and chicken in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 3Place chicken on an oiled wire rack over large baking dish. Roast for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, make fried brown rice. Trim and thickly slice 1 green onion; cut remaining onion lengthways into strips. Pour egg into a heated oiled wok; swirl to cover base. Cook 1 minute; slide egg onto board. Roll up, slice thinly; cover to keep warm. Add oil to heated wok, stir-fry wombok, carrot and capsicum for 1 minute. Add rice, sauces and sliced green onion; stir-fry until hot. Remove from heat; top with green onion strips and sliced egg.
- 5Serve chicken with fried rice.
You can use pre-cooked brown rice available in microwavable containers from the supermarket. This recipe is suitable to freeze at the end of step 1.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Coq au vinYesterday 5:00pm
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso beef short rib & pumpkin hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020