These sticky, sweet wings are the perfect finger food - great for Christmas starters, the barbecue, kids' parties… any occasion, really.
Sticky chicken wings
- ⅓ cup (80ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons salt and pepper seasoning
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 kg chicken wing nibbles
- coriander (cilantro) sprigs, to serve
- 1 shallot (25g), chopped finely
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup (80ml) fish sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine vinegar, honey, seasoning and oil in a large bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make dipping sauce. Stir ingredients in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- 4Spread chicken on tray; drizzle with marinade. Roast chicken for 45 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden and cooked through. Serve chicken with dipping sauce, topped with coriander. Accompany with lime cheeks, if you like.
Chicken nibbles are jointed wings with no tips. You can buy them already prepared, or joint chicken wings yourself.Chicken can be marinated 2 hours ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021