- 4 green apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine al ingredients. Bring to the boil on high, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until fruit is pulpy.
- 2Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Use as a topping for ice-cream or cereal.
Makes 2 cups If you want the fruit to hold its shape during cooking, bring water and sugar to the boil, add fruit, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender. To turn this into a spiced apple sauce for pork, add 15g butter and 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice to fruit during cooking. Stewed apple can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for up to a month.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021