- 4 green apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine al ingredients. Bring to the boil on high, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until fruit is pulpy.
- 2Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Use as a topping for ice-cream or cereal.
Makes 2 cups If you want the fruit to hold its shape during cooking, bring water and sugar to the boil, add fruit, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender. To turn this into a spiced apple sauce for pork, add 15g butter and 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice to fruit during cooking. Stewed apple can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for up to a month.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm