- 4 green apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine al ingredients. Bring to the boil on high, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until fruit is pulpy.
- 2Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Use as a topping for ice-cream or cereal.
Makes 2 cups If you want the fruit to hold its shape during cooking, bring water and sugar to the boil, add fruit, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender. To turn this into a spiced apple sauce for pork, add 15g butter and 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice to fruit during cooking. Stewed apple can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for up to a month.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeToday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked lemon and coconut tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Leek and mushroom lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional Greek recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 gluten-free dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best spaghetti bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate indulgence cakeYesterday 2:00pm