Steamed salmon in silverbeet with lemon and olive sauce
- 4 silverbeet leaves, trimmed, washed, blanched
- 500 gram skinless salmon fillet, pin bones removed, cut into 4 even-sized pieces
- 1 cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- lemon wedges, to serve
- steamed green beans, to serve
- 1Place silverbeet leaves on paper towel. Season to taste. Wrap salmon with silverbeet. Set aside.
- 2Place olives, capers, oil, and lemon juice and zest in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
- 3Place salmon in a steamer basket and steam, covered, over simmering water for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to taste.
- 4Top with lemon and olive sauce and serve with lemon wedges and green beans.
Use 8 large English spinach leaves in place of silverbeet.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019