Steamed salmon in silverbeet with lemon and olive sauce
- 4 silverbeet leaves, trimmed, washed, blanched
- 500 gram skinless salmon fillet, pin bones removed, cut into 4 even-sized pieces
- 1 cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- lemon wedges, to serve
- steamed green beans, to serve
- 1Place silverbeet leaves on paper towel. Season to taste. Wrap salmon with silverbeet. Set aside.
- 2Place olives, capers, oil, and lemon juice and zest in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
- 3Place salmon in a steamer basket and steam, covered, over simmering water for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to taste.
- 4Top with lemon and olive sauce and serve with lemon wedges and green beans.
Use 8 large English spinach leaves in place of silverbeet.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019