Steamed salmon in silverbeet with lemon and olive sauce
- 4 silverbeet leaves, trimmed, washed, blanched
- 500 gram skinless salmon fillet, pin bones removed, cut into 4 even-sized pieces
- 1 cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- lemon wedges, to serve
- steamed green beans, to serve
- 1Place silverbeet leaves on paper towel. Season to taste. Wrap salmon with silverbeet. Set aside.
- 2Place olives, capers, oil, and lemon juice and zest in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
- 3Place salmon in a steamer basket and steam, covered, over simmering water for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to taste.
- 4Top with lemon and olive sauce and serve with lemon wedges and green beans.
Use 8 large English spinach leaves in place of silverbeet.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadToday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayToday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesToday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken noodle soupYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pea and ham soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020