- 12 large pacific oysters, in half shell
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 piece, peeled, julienned ginger
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon, optional peanut oil
- 1Half fill a large wok with water. Bring to the boil on high.
- 2Arrange oysters in a bamboo steamer basket large enough to fit wok.
- 3In a small jug combine shaoxing, soy, water, sugar and sesame oil. Spoon a little sauce over each oyster and top with an even amount of ginger and green onion.
- 4Place steamer basket over gently simmering water. Cover with lid. Steam 3-5 minutes (depending on size of oysters).
- 5In a small saucepan on high, heat peanut oil. Drizzle oysters with hot oil to serve.
Shaoxing wine is available from Asian food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am