- 1 medium red capsicum (200g)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 700 gram chicken breast fillets
- 4 centimetre piece fresh ginger (20g), grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 100 gram bean thread noodles (chinese vermicelli, or cellophane noodles)
- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon vietnamese mint, chopped coarsely
- 500 gram buk choy, sliced finely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 40 spring roll wrappers
- peanut oil, for deep-frying
- 1Halve capsicum, discard seeds and membrane; slice into very thin strips.
- 2Heat half the oil in medium saucepan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned and cooked. Cool 10 minutes; shred finely
- 3Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook ginger, garlic and onion, stirring, about 2 minutes or until onion is soft.
- 4Place noodles in medium heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until just tender, drain. Chop noodles coarsely.
- 5Combine capsicum, carrot, chicken, onion mixture and noodles in large bowl with mint, buk choy and sauces.
- 6Place 1 rounded tablespoon of mixture across edge of one wrapper; roll to enclose filling, folding in ends. Place on tray, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining mixture and wrappers; place on tray in single layer.
- 7Heat oil in wok; deep-fry spring rolls, in batches, until golden brown and cooked through; drain on absorbent paper.
- 8Serve spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019