- 500 gram minced pork
- 500 gram green king prawns
- 1 red pepper
- 8 shallots
- 125 gram mushrooms
- 2.5 centimetre piece green ginger
- 250 gram can water chestnuts
- 1/2 cabbage (preferably chinese cabbage)
- 3 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 455 gram packet spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1Shell prawns, remove back vein and chop prawns into small pieces.
- 2Chop shallots, seed and finely chop red pepper and slice mushrooms thinly.
- 3Peel and grate green ginger, chop water chestnuts and shred cabbage finely.
- 4Put all prepared ingredients into bowl; add pork mince, sherry, soy sauce, sugar and salt, and mix well.
- 5Heat oil in pan, cook pork mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring. Remove from pan, cool.
- 6Put cornflour and water into bowl, mix well. Spoon tablespoonfuls of pork mixture evenly across one corner of spring roll wrapper, roll up in an envelope shape, making sure edges have been brushed with cornflour mixture.
- 7Put into deep hot oil, fry until golden brown and cooked through (approximately five minutes).
Spring roll wrappers are available at Chinese food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022