- 500 gram minced pork
- 500 gram green king prawns
- 1 red pepper
- 8 shallots
- 125 gram mushrooms
- 2.5 centimetre piece green ginger
- 250 gram can water chestnuts
- 1/2 cabbage (preferably chinese cabbage)
- 3 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 455 gram packet spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1Shell prawns, remove back vein and chop prawns into small pieces.
- 2Chop shallots, seed and finely chop red pepper and slice mushrooms thinly.
- 3Peel and grate green ginger, chop water chestnuts and shred cabbage finely.
- 4Put all prepared ingredients into bowl; add pork mince, sherry, soy sauce, sugar and salt, and mix well.
- 5Heat oil in pan, cook pork mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring. Remove from pan, cool.
- 6Put cornflour and water into bowl, mix well. Spoon tablespoonfuls of pork mixture evenly across one corner of spring roll wrapper, roll up in an envelope shape, making sure edges have been brushed with cornflour mixture.
- 7Put into deep hot oil, fry until golden brown and cooked through (approximately five minutes).
Spring roll wrappers are available at Chinese food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019