- 500 gram minced pork
- 500 gram green king prawns
- 1 red pepper
- 8 shallots
- 125 gram mushrooms
- 2.5 centimetre piece green ginger
- 250 gram can water chestnuts
- 1/2 cabbage (preferably chinese cabbage)
- 3 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 455 gram packet spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1Shell prawns, remove back vein and chop prawns into small pieces.
- 2Chop shallots, seed and finely chop red pepper and slice mushrooms thinly.
- 3Peel and grate green ginger, chop water chestnuts and shred cabbage finely.
- 4Put all prepared ingredients into bowl; add pork mince, sherry, soy sauce, sugar and salt, and mix well.
- 5Heat oil in pan, cook pork mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring. Remove from pan, cool.
- 6Put cornflour and water into bowl, mix well. Spoon tablespoonfuls of pork mixture evenly across one corner of spring roll wrapper, roll up in an envelope shape, making sure edges have been brushed with cornflour mixture.
- 7Put into deep hot oil, fry until golden brown and cooked through (approximately five minutes).
Spring roll wrappers are available at Chinese food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019