- 500 gram minced pork
- 500 gram green king prawns
- 1 red pepper
- 8 shallots
- 125 gram mushrooms
- 2.5 centimetre piece green ginger
- 250 gram can water chestnuts
- 1/2 cabbage (preferably chinese cabbage)
- 3 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 455 gram packet spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1Shell prawns, remove back vein and chop prawns into small pieces.
- 2Chop shallots, seed and finely chop red pepper and slice mushrooms thinly.
- 3Peel and grate green ginger, chop water chestnuts and shred cabbage finely.
- 4Put all prepared ingredients into bowl; add pork mince, sherry, soy sauce, sugar and salt, and mix well.
- 5Heat oil in pan, cook pork mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring. Remove from pan, cool.
- 6Put cornflour and water into bowl, mix well. Spoon tablespoonfuls of pork mixture evenly across one corner of spring roll wrapper, roll up in an envelope shape, making sure edges have been brushed with cornflour mixture.
- 7Put into deep hot oil, fry until golden brown and cooked through (approximately five minutes).
Spring roll wrappers are available at Chinese food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019