- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 gram (1¼ pounds) boned lamb shoulder, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 500 gram (1 pound) baby new potatoes
- 800 gram (1½ pounds) spring onions, trimmed
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 2 cup (240g) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1Heat oil in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook lamb, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Return lamb to cooker with wine, stock and mint sprigs; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 20 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method ; remove lid. Discard mint. Place potatoes, onions and carrots on top of lamb; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 5 minutes.
- 4Release pressure using the quick release method ; remove lid. Add peas; simmer, uncovered, until peas are tender. Stir in chopped mint; season to taste.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. Cooked baby carrots and spring onions are quite fragile. To avoid breaking them, remove carrots with large slotted spoon before stirring through peas and mint. You will need 2 bunches of spring onions and 1 bunch baby carrots for this recipe. Recipe not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021