- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 500 gram spirali pasta
- 5 slice (400g) bacon, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a non-stick large frying pan. Add onion, cook over a low heat, stirring, 5 minutes, or until soft but not coloured. Add garlic, cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, drain. Return pasta to pan.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the original frying pan. Add bacon, cook, stirring, until browned lightly. Transfer bacon to bowl with the onion.
- 4Combine cream and egg yolks in a medium bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Add bacon mixture and egg mixture to pasta, toss to combine. Sprinkle with half the parmesan and stir through.
- 6Spoon pasta into serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan, chives and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with salad, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020