- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 500 gram spirali pasta
- 5 slice (400g) bacon, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a non-stick large frying pan. Add onion, cook over a low heat, stirring, 5 minutes, or until soft but not coloured. Add garlic, cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, drain. Return pasta to pan.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the original frying pan. Add bacon, cook, stirring, until browned lightly. Transfer bacon to bowl with the onion.
- 4Combine cream and egg yolks in a medium bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Add bacon mixture and egg mixture to pasta, toss to combine. Sprinkle with half the parmesan and stir through.
- 6Spoon pasta into serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan, chives and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with salad, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022