- 60 gram butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 250 gram packet frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 4 eggs, separated
- rocket leaves, to serve
- 6 slice prosciutto
- 250 gram packet cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup char-grilled capsicum, drained, chopped
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to very hot, 220°C. Lightly grease and line a 26 x 32cm swiss-roll pan with baking paper.
- 2Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3Remove from heat and gradually blend in milk. Return to heat; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer 3 minutes.
- 4Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in spinach, parmesan and egg-yolks. Season to taste.
- 5In a small, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold gently through the spinach mixture.
- 6Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until roulade springs back when touched lightly.
- 7Line a soft, clean tea towel with baking paper; turn roulade out on to it. Remove paper from roulade. Trim edges and roll it up from its long side, using tea towel as a guide; set aside to cool.
- 8To make the filling, place 3 slices prosciutto on a baking tray. Bake 4-5 minutes, until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Break into pieces; set aside.
- 9In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; stir in capsicum and mustard.
- 10Unroll roulade. Spread with cheese mix. Cover with uncooked prosciutto; re-roll, without the tea towel. Serve in slices topped with crispy prosciutto and rocket.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021