- 60 gram butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 250 gram packet frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 4 eggs, separated
- rocket leaves, to serve
- 6 slice prosciutto
- 250 gram packet cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup char-grilled capsicum, drained, chopped
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to very hot, 220°C. Lightly grease and line a 26 x 32cm swiss-roll pan with baking paper.
- 2Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3Remove from heat and gradually blend in milk. Return to heat; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer 3 minutes.
- 4Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in spinach, parmesan and egg-yolks. Season to taste.
- 5In a small, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold gently through the spinach mixture.
- 6Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until roulade springs back when touched lightly.
- 7Line a soft, clean tea towel with baking paper; turn roulade out on to it. Remove paper from roulade. Trim edges and roll it up from its long side, using tea towel as a guide; set aside to cool.
- 8To make the filling, place 3 slices prosciutto on a baking tray. Bake 4-5 minutes, until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Break into pieces; set aside.
- 9In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; stir in capsicum and mustard.
- 10Unroll roulade. Spread with cheese mix. Cover with uncooked prosciutto; re-roll, without the tea towel. Serve in slices topped with crispy prosciutto and rocket.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021