- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 375 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 (sheets) puff pastry
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add half the spinach; cook, stirring, until wilted.
- 3Add remaining spinach, rind and juice to pan; cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- 4Using 11cm round cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry. Divide spinach mixture among rounds. Gather three points of each round together to form a triangle, leaving top of filling exposed. Pinch and twist each corner to secure pastry round.
- 5Place pies on oven tray; sprinkle filling with pine nuts.
- 6Bake pies about 15 minutes or until pastry is browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021