- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 375 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 (sheets) puff pastry
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add half the spinach; cook, stirring, until wilted.
- 3Add remaining spinach, rind and juice to pan; cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- 4Using 11cm round cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry. Divide spinach mixture among rounds. Gather three points of each round together to form a triangle, leaving top of filling exposed. Pinch and twist each corner to secure pastry round.
- 5Place pies on oven tray; sprinkle filling with pine nuts.
- 6Bake pies about 15 minutes or until pastry is browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021