- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 375 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 (sheets) puff pastry
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add half the spinach; cook, stirring, until wilted.
- 3Add remaining spinach, rind and juice to pan; cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- 4Using 11cm round cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry. Divide spinach mixture among rounds. Gather three points of each round together to form a triangle, leaving top of filling exposed. Pinch and twist each corner to secure pastry round.
- 5Place pies on oven tray; sprinkle filling with pine nuts.
- 6Bake pies about 15 minutes or until pastry is browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020