- butter, for greasing
- 1 bunch (1kg) silverbeet
- 2 small bunches english spinach, trimmed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 250 gram cottage cheese (or low-fat cottage cheese)
- 250 gram good quality feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 375 gram block puff pastry (or 2 sheets ready-rolled butter puff pastry), thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly extra
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1/3 cup (100g) chilli jam, optional
- 1Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan.
- 2Remove the stalks from the silverbeet. Drop silverbeet into a pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, Add english spinach, return to the boil, then drain. Cool the spinach for about 5 minutes. Squeeze out excess water from the spinach, then place in a clean tea towel and squeeze out remaining water. You want the spinach to be as dry as possible or the puff pastry won't be crisp.
- 3Chop the spinach and silverbeet very finely. Combine spinach, silverbeet, chives, dill, cottage cheese, feta, eggs, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl; mix well.
- 4Roll two-thirds of the pastry on a lightly floured surface until large enough to line the base and sides of the prepared pan. Ease pastry into pan.
- 5Spread the spinach mixture evenly into the pastry. Roll the remaining pastry until large enough to cover the filling, pinch the pastry edges together to join, leaving no holes. Brush the pastry lightly with the extra egg.
- 6Bake the pie for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Reduce the oven temperature to 220°C (180°C fan-forced) and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until the pie is cooked through.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges and chilli jam, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- DukkahJan 13, 2022