- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 600 grams lamb sausages
- 400 grams shallots (French shallots), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoom ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 400 grams can diced tomatoes
- 6 large (2kg) parsnips, trimmed
- 25 grams butter
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Squeeze sausage meat from casings, separating into small meatballs; cook meatballs, shaking pan occasionally, for 4 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat another 1 tablespoon of the oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add spices and fennel seeds; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add thyme and pastes; cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in stock and tomatoes; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir meatballs into sauce. Season to taste. Keep sauce over low heat.
- 4Using a spiraliser (see tips), cut parsnips into thick noodles. Heat butter and remaining oil in a separate large deep frying pan with a lid, over medium heat. Add parsnip; cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Season to taste.
- 5Serve parsnip with meatballs and sauce, topped with cheese and oregano.
Sauce suitable to freeze. Parsnip suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesYesterday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesYesterday 12:20am
- Scone recipesApr 07, 2020
- PikeletsApr 07, 2020
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesApr 07, 2020
- White sauceApr 07, 2020
- Sausage casseroleApr 07, 2020
- Irish soda bread rollsApr 07, 2020
- Gluten-free sconesApr 07, 2020
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieApr 07, 2020
- Easter baking ideasApr 07, 2020
- 20 classic baking recipesApr 07, 2020
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020