- 6 mini orange sweet potatoes (1.2kg)
- 60 g butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 80 g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Wash unpeeled sweet potatoes. Place on chopping board; trim a little piece from one side of potatoes so they sit flat, if needed. Place a chopstick on board along both sides of potato; this prevents you cutting all the way through. Slice potato crossways at 1cm intervals, cutting through to chopsticks. Place sweet potatoes on trays.
- 3Combine butter, garlic, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Brush potatoes with butter mixture.
- 4Roast sliced sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until browned and tender.
- 5Meanwhile, make whipped chive butter.
- 6Place sweet potatoes on a platter, sprinkle with chives. Serve with whipped chive butter.
- 7Beat butter in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in maple syrup, then stir in chives.
You can use any type of sweet potato or even regular potatoes (if using regular potatoes, omit the cinnamon and use paprika instead). Regular potatoes will discolour when cut, so prepare close to serving. Sweet potatoes can be prepared to the end of step 3 up to 6 hours ahead and refrigerated; preheat the oven just before roasting.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021