Spiced sweet potato tart
- 40 gram butter
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 medium (200g) red capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/4 cup (20g) grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3 large (1.5kg) orange sweet potatoes
- 5 medium (600g) zucchini
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout
- 2 tablespoon currants
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra
- baby coriander, to serve
Spiced sweet potato tart
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 27cm (top measurement) enamelled frying pan or a 22cm springform cake pan; line base and side of cake pan with baking paper. Place on an oven tray.
- 2Heat butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until caramelised. Add the capsicum; cook for a further 3 minutes or until soft. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in half the almond meal, the parmesan, rosemary and egg. Transfer to the base of frying pan or cake pan.
- 3Cut unpeeled sweet potatoes into 2mm slices lengthways and zucchini into 1mm slices lengthways. Combine oil and spice in a small bowl. Brush sweet potato slices with oil mixture. Lay 1 slice of zucchini over each sweet potato slice. Roll each into a spiral and stand, spiral-side up, on onion base. Press lightly into base to secure rolls.
- 4Sprinkle over remaining almond meal and currants. Drizzle with extra oil; season.
- 5Bake the tart, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil. Bake for a further 20 minutes or until top is crisp and sweet potato is tender. Cool a few minutes before scattering with coriander.
You might need a second pair of hands to hold the first few rolls in position. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 30 brilliant barramundi dishes to make for dinnerYesterday 2:00pm
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022