Spiced pumpkin mix
- 400 gram pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoon chopped chives, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted chickpeas, to serve
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon warm water
Spiced pumpkin hummus
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line an oven tray.
- 2Toss the pumpkin with the cinnamon, nutmeg and oil. Place pumpkin mixture on prepared tray.
- 3Roast for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender, adding almonds in last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 4Make basic hummus: Place chickpeas, garlic, tahini, cumin,salt, juice, oil and the warm water in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 5Stir pumpkin mixture through hummus. Serve topped with chives and chickpeas.
Hummus can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021