Spiced pumpkin mix
- 400 gram pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoon chopped chives, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted chickpeas, to serve
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon warm water
Spiced pumpkin hummus
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line an oven tray.
- 2Toss the pumpkin with the cinnamon, nutmeg and oil. Place pumpkin mixture on prepared tray.
- 3Roast for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender, adding almonds in last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 4Make basic hummus: Place chickpeas, garlic, tahini, cumin,salt, juice, oil and the warm water in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 5Stir pumpkin mixture through hummus. Serve topped with chives and chickpeas.
Hummus can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Veal braciole with rice and peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef mince and rice burritosYesterday 3:11am
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022