Spiced pumpkin mix
- 400 gram pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoon chopped chives, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted chickpeas, to serve
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon warm water
Spiced pumpkin hummus
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line an oven tray.
- 2Toss the pumpkin with the cinnamon, nutmeg and oil. Place pumpkin mixture on prepared tray.
- 3Roast for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender, adding almonds in last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 4Make basic hummus: Place chickpeas, garlic, tahini, cumin,salt, juice, oil and the warm water in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 5Stir pumpkin mixture through hummus. Serve topped with chives and chickpeas.
Hummus can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019