Spiced pumpkin mix
- 400 gram pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoon chopped chives, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted chickpeas, to serve
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon warm water
Spiced pumpkin hummus
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line an oven tray.
- 2Toss the pumpkin with the cinnamon, nutmeg and oil. Place pumpkin mixture on prepared tray.
- 3Roast for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender, adding almonds in last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 4Make basic hummus: Place chickpeas, garlic, tahini, cumin,salt, juice, oil and the warm water in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 5Stir pumpkin mixture through hummus. Serve topped with chives and chickpeas.
Hummus can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm