Spiced pumpkin mix
- 400 gram pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoon chopped chives, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted chickpeas, to serve
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon warm water
Spiced pumpkin hummus
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line an oven tray.
- 2Toss the pumpkin with the cinnamon, nutmeg and oil. Place pumpkin mixture on prepared tray.
- 3Roast for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender, adding almonds in last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 4Make basic hummus: Place chickpeas, garlic, tahini, cumin,salt, juice, oil and the warm water in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 5Stir pumpkin mixture through hummus. Serve topped with chives and chickpeas.
Hummus can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019