- 2/3 cup (160g) French-style green lentils (see swap)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 medium lemons (420g)
- 250 grams vacuum-packed cooked baby beetroot, quartered
- 120 grams baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ¾ cup (210g) greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup dill sprigs
- 320 grams marinated goat's cheese, drained
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1Place lentils and 2 litres (8 cups) water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat ¼ cup oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and spices, stirring, for 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Add cooked lentils to pan; cook, covered, for 1 minute or until heated through. Remove pan from heat.
- 3Juice 2 lemons into a bowl; add lentil mixture, beetroot, spinach and coriander. Season to taste; toss gently to combine.
- 4Juice remaining lemon into a small bowl. Add yoghurt; whisk to combine. Season to taste. Drizzle with remaining oil; top with dill.
- 5Divide lentil mixture among plates; crumble over goat's cheese. Season to taste. Serve with dill yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Substitute a drained and rinsed 400g (12½oz) can of lentils for French-style green lentils.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am