Spiced fish stew
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 400 gram canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 medium (400g) red capsicums, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 medium (800g) dutch cream or waxy potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cup (500ml) fish stock
- 800 gram firm white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 100 gram green beans, trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths
- indian lime pickle, to serve
Spiced fish stew
- 1Wash coriander well; drain. Finely chop roots and stems. Reserve leaves to serve.
- 2Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 8 minutes or until soft. Add coriander root and stem, spices and garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3Add chilli, undrained tomatoes, sugar, capsicum, potato and stock to pan. Bring to the boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until potato is tender. Add fish and beans; simmer, covered, for 3 minutes or until fish is cooked and beans are just tender. Season to taste with sea salt and extra white pepper.
- 4Scatter some of the reserved coriander leaves on the stew and serve with lime pickle. Reserve remaining coriander for another use.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021