Spiced chorizo rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cup long-grain rice, rinsed, drained
- 3 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 125 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- parsley leaves, lemon wedges to serve
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Spiced chorizo rice with avocado salsa
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium. Saute onion, chorizo and garlic for 4-5 minutes, until onion is tender and chorizo is slightly crisp. Stir in paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- 2Add rice to pan, mixing to evenly coat grains. Stir in stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered with a tightly fitting lid, for 12-15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3Meanwhile, to make the avocado salsa; in a bowl, combine all ingredients. Season.
- 4Stir peas and tomato through rice. Season and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes to heat through. Serve scattered with parsley and accompanied with avocado salsa and lemon wedges.
If cherry tomatoes are expensive, use 1 chopped tomato instead. Remove seeds from halved cucumber by scraping with a teaspoon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019