Lookng for more Mexican recipes?
Spiced beef nachos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 500 gram beef mince
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 400 gram can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 200 gram pack corn chips
- grated tasty cheese
- sour cream, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
Spiced beef nachos
- 1Heat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Saute onion, capsicum chilli and garlic 3-4 minutes, until tender. Add oregano and spices and cook 1 minute, until-fragrant.
- 3Increase heat to high. Brown mince well, 5-10 minutes, breaking up lumps as it cooks.
- 4Stir in tomato and water. Simmer 10 minutes. Add kidney beans. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, until sauce is thick.
- 5Arrange beef and a quarter corn chips in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese to taste. Bake 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts.
- 6Meanwhile, make guacamole: mash and lime juice in medium bowl. Stir in tomato, onion and coriander.
- 7Serve nachos accompanied with remaining corn chips, sour cream, guacamole and lime wedges.
Add extra kidney beans to make this dish go further.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Fruit mince piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleYesterday 6:13am
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Basic sausage rollsYesterday 1:00am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 12:50am
- Pumpkin, spinach and fetta frittataOct 21, 2020
- Spinach dip cob loafOct 21, 2020
- Quiche LorraineOct 21, 2020
- Chana dhal with chutney yoghurtOct 21, 2020
- How to cook lamb backstrapOct 21, 2020
- Lemonade sconesOct 21, 2020
- Classic steamed Christmas puddingOct 21, 2020
- FlorentinesOct 21, 2020
- Lobster mornayOct 21, 2020
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsOct 21, 2020