- 1 kg cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- ¾ cup (45g) multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, extra, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 375 grams dried spelt fettuccine pasta
- ½ cup (40g) grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- ¾ cup (60g) grated parmesan, extra
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Place three-quarters of the cauliflower in a medium saucepan with stock and garlic; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- 2Meanwhile, cut remaining cauliflower into tiny florets. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add florets; cook stirring, for 2 minutes until lightly golden. Add breadcrumbs, chilli and extra garlic; cook, stirring for 2 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden and crisp. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and rind.
- 3Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions. Drain well; return to pan with parmesan and extra oil.
- 4Blend cauliflower stock mixture with milk until very smooth. Stir in extra parmesan and juice. Season to taste.
- 5Spoon cauliflower sauce over pasta; serve topped
with toasted cauliflower crumbs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021