- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 750 gram minced pork and veal mixture
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (100g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon each ground turmeric and nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 700 millilitre passata
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, extra
- 1Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a deep, large frying pan over high heat; cook onion and thyme, stirring, until onion softens. Remove from pan.
- 2Combine the pork and veal, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, eggs, garlic and spices in a large bowl; season. Using damp hands, roll the mixture into 12 balls.
- 3Heat remaining oil in the same pan; cook the meatballs, turning, until well browned all over.
- 4Return onion mixture to pan with passata; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Sprinkle over extra parsley.
Some butchers sell a pork and veal mixture. If itis not available as a mixture, buy half the amount as pork mince and half the amount as veal mince. Passata is available from most supermarkets. If you can't find it, use pureed canned tomatoes instead. You can freeze this dish in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022