Spanish pork cutlets
- 1 small kumara (orange sweet potato) (250g), cut into wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), chopped coarsely
- 200 gram brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large red onion (300g), cut into wedges
- 3 clove garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomato (150g), quartered
- 2 pork cutlets (470g), trimmed
- 200 gram green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon roasted almond kernels
Spanish pork cutlets
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Combine kumara, capsicum, brussels sprouts, onion and garlic in a large baking dish; sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with half the oil. Toss vegetables to coat. Bake for 40 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender; add tomato to dish 10 minutes before end of cooking time.
- 3Meanwhile, brush pork with remaining oil. Cook pork on a heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) for 4 minutes each side or until cooked as you like. Remove from heat; cover, rest for 5 minutes.
- 4Boil, steam or microwave beans until tender; cover to keep warm.
- 5Squeeze garlic from skin. Blend or process garlic, tomato, nuts and half the capsicum until mixture is smooth.
- 6Serve pork with roasted vegetables, beans and roasted tomato and almond sauce.
Make sure the sauce is hot before serving. If not, reheat it for 1 minute in a microwaveproof dish in a microwave on HIGH (100%). This sauce would also go well with roasted chicken. Double this recipe for an easy but impressive dinner for friends.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021