- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 140 grams sourdough bread, torn into small pieces
- 500 grams spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 250 grams mixed mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup (80g) shaved parmesan
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook bread, stirring, 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 2Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water 8 minutes or until just tender. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water; drain. Return pasta to pan to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same frying pan; cook garlic, chilli and mushrooms 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in herbs; cook 1 minute.
- 4Add reserved pasta water to spaghetti, then add mushroom mixture and bread; toss gently to combine. Season to taste. Serve pasta topped with parmesan.
We used a combination of oyster, swiss brown, shiitake and button mushrooms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022