- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 140 grams sourdough bread, torn into small pieces
- 500 grams spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 250 grams mixed mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup (80g) shaved parmesan
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook bread, stirring, 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 2Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water 8 minutes or until just tender. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water; drain. Return pasta to pan to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same frying pan; cook garlic, chilli and mushrooms 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in herbs; cook 1 minute.
- 4Add reserved pasta water to spaghetti, then add mushroom mixture and bread; toss gently to combine. Season to taste. Serve pasta topped with parmesan.
We used a combination of oyster, swiss brown, shiitake and button mushrooms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021