- 1.4 kg (2¾lb) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fresh jalapeño chillies
- 30 g (1oz) butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chillies in adobo sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), diced
- 2 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk, warmed
- 3 cups (400g) four cheese mix (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- blue corn chips and hot sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a large oven tray; line with baking paper.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthways; scoop out seeds and discard. Drizzle halves with oil; season. Place squash, cut-side down, on tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- 3Turn squash flesh-side up. Using a fork; scrape flesh crossways from each squash half into spaghetti like strands; set aside.
- 4Remove seeds from half the jalapeños. Finely chop seeded and non-seeded jalapeños. Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook jalapeños and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened. Add smoked paprika, cook for 1 minute. Add chillies in adobo and tomato; increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- 5Reduce heat to medium; stir through flour until mixture is pasty. Gradually stir in warm milk until mixture is smooth. Stir continuously until mixture boils and thickens.
- 6Add cheese, 1 cup at a time, stirring until completely melted and smooth. Fold through spaghetti squash and coriander. Season.
- 7Spoon cheese mixture into squash halves. Serve with corn chips and hot sauce.
Four cheese mix is a blend of two types of mozzarella, pecorino romano and cheddar also sometimes sold as pizza cheese.
- You can substitute Tabasco Chipotle Sauce for chipotle chillies in adobo sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Chamomile honey cakeMar 07, 2019