- 1.4 kg (2¾lb) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fresh jalapeño chillies
- 30 g (1oz) butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chillies in adobo sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), diced
- 2 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk, warmed
- 3 cups (400g) four cheese mix (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- blue corn chips and hot sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a large oven tray; line with baking paper.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthways; scoop out seeds and discard. Drizzle halves with oil; season. Place squash, cut-side down, on tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- 3Turn squash flesh-side up. Using a fork; scrape flesh crossways from each squash half into spaghetti like strands; set aside.
- 4Remove seeds from half the jalapeños. Finely chop seeded and non-seeded jalapeños. Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook jalapeños and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened. Add smoked paprika, cook for 1 minute. Add chillies in adobo and tomato; increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- 5Reduce heat to medium; stir through flour until mixture is pasty. Gradually stir in warm milk until mixture is smooth. Stir continuously until mixture boils and thickens.
- 6Add cheese, 1 cup at a time, stirring until completely melted and smooth. Fold through spaghetti squash and coriander. Season.
- 7Spoon cheese mixture into squash halves. Serve with corn chips and hot sauce.
Four cheese mix is a blend of two types of mozzarella, pecorino romano and cheddar also sometimes sold as pizza cheese.
- You can substitute Tabasco Chipotle Sauce for chipotle chillies in adobo sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am