Looking for more spaghetti recipes?
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 400g cans peeled chopped tomatoes
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 12 small black mussels
- 12 baby clams
- 12 uncooked medium king prawns
- 250 gram firm white fish fillets, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium (200g) fresh calamari
- 375 gram spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon white wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat half the oil and half the garlic in a large heavy-base frying pan; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute or until fragrant but not browned. Ad the tomatoes, basil, salt and sugar, bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for abut 30 minutes or until sauce is very thick. Remove sauce from pan.
- 2Meanwhile, scrub mussels; remove beards. Rinse clams. Shell and devein prawns, leaving intact. Cut fish into 3cm chunks. Remove head and entrails from calamari; remove clear backbone (quill) from inside the body. Remove side flaps and skin from hood. wash well, slice hood into rings. Cut tentacles into pieces.
- 3In same large frying pan, add well-drained mussels, clams and wine. Cook, covered, over high heat for 2 minutes. Uncover, for a further 1 minute or until liquid has almost evaporated and mussels and clams are open.
- 4Push mussels and clams to the side of the pan, add remaining oil to pan; add prawns, fish, calamari and remaining garlic; cook, turning seafood carefully, for about 2 minutes, add the tomato sauce, stir gently until seafood is just tender and tomato sauce is heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 5Gently toss the hot pasta with the seafood mixture.
Not suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020