- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (60g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 rindless bacon rashers (260g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 375 gram spaghetti
- 1Combine egg yolks and cheese in small bowl.
- 2Cook bacon over heat in medium frying pan about 5 minutes or until starting to crisp. Add garlic, cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add peas, cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta, uncovered, in large saucepan of boiling water until tender, drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- 4Return pasta to saucepan. Add bacon mixture, egg mixture and reserved cooking liquid to pasta, stir over heat about 1 minute.
- 5Serve with extra parmesan cheese, if you like.
Unlike the cream-laden carbonara that many of us are familiar with, traditional carbonara is not made with any cream. We've slightly altered the traditional carbonara recipe by adding peas, if you prefer your pasta pea-free, simply omit them from the recipe
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 chocolate recipes for those of us who can't get enoughYesterday 5:44am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeYesterday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesJul 24, 2021
- 34 delicious duck recipesJul 24, 2021
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsJul 24, 2021
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingJul 24, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021