- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (60g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 rindless bacon rashers (260g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 375 gram spaghetti
- 1Combine egg yolks and cheese in small bowl.
- 2Cook bacon over heat in medium frying pan about 5 minutes or until starting to crisp. Add garlic, cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add peas, cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta, uncovered, in large saucepan of boiling water until tender, drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- 4Return pasta to saucepan. Add bacon mixture, egg mixture and reserved cooking liquid to pasta, stir over heat about 1 minute.
- 5Serve with extra parmesan cheese, if you like.
Unlike the cream-laden carbonara that many of us are familiar with, traditional carbonara is not made with any cream. We've slightly altered the traditional carbonara recipe by adding peas, if you prefer your pasta pea-free, simply omit them from the recipe
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- How to start a food blogYesterday 1:00pm
- Peaches and cream pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Our classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Roti canai flatbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021
- Baked bean and ricotta-stuffed mushroomOct 19, 2021
- Easy combination fried riceOct 19, 2021
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingOct 19, 2021
- 24 perfect pineapple recipesOct 19, 2021
- Honey mustard chicken stripOct 18, 2021
- Mediterranean roast vegetablesOct 18, 2021
- How to make basic sconesOct 18, 2021