- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (60g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 rindless bacon rashers (260g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 375 gram spaghetti
- 1Combine egg yolks and cheese in small bowl.
- 2Cook bacon over heat in medium frying pan about 5 minutes or until starting to crisp. Add garlic, cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add peas, cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta, uncovered, in large saucepan of boiling water until tender, drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- 4Return pasta to saucepan. Add bacon mixture, egg mixture and reserved cooking liquid to pasta, stir over heat about 1 minute.
- 5Serve with extra parmesan cheese, if you like.
Unlike the cream-laden carbonara that many of us are familiar with, traditional carbonara is not made with any cream. We've slightly altered the traditional carbonara recipe by adding peas, if you prefer your pasta pea-free, simply omit them from the recipe
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsYesterday 4:29am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020
- Easy recipes with leeksNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Fettuccine carbonaraNov 23, 2020
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020