- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (60g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 rindless bacon rashers (260g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 375 gram spaghetti
- 1Combine egg yolks and cheese in small bowl.
- 2Cook bacon over heat in medium frying pan about 5 minutes or until starting to crisp. Add garlic, cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add peas, cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta, uncovered, in large saucepan of boiling water until tender, drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- 4Return pasta to saucepan. Add bacon mixture, egg mixture and reserved cooking liquid to pasta, stir over heat about 1 minute.
- 5Serve with extra parmesan cheese, if you like.
Unlike the cream-laden carbonara that many of us are familiar with, traditional carbonara is not made with any cream. We've slightly altered the traditional carbonara recipe by adding peas, if you prefer your pasta pea-free, simply omit them from the recipe
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021