- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (60g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 rindless bacon rashers (260g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 375 gram spaghetti
- 1Combine egg yolks and cheese in small bowl.
- 2Cook bacon over heat in medium frying pan about 5 minutes or until starting to crisp. Add garlic, cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add peas, cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta, uncovered, in large saucepan of boiling water until tender, drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- 4Return pasta to saucepan. Add bacon mixture, egg mixture and reserved cooking liquid to pasta, stir over heat about 1 minute.
- 5Serve with extra parmesan cheese, if you like.
Unlike the cream-laden carbonara that many of us are familiar with, traditional carbonara is not made with any cream. We've slightly altered the traditional carbonara recipe by adding peas, if you prefer your pasta pea-free, simply omit them from the recipe
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Pasta winterveraAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022