- 400 gram spaghetti
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150 gram pancetta, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry white wine
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water until just tender. Reserve about 1/4 cup (60ml) of cooking liquid; drain spaghetti. Return spaghetti to pan, cover to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan; add the pancetta and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Add garlic and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds or until fragrant, but not browned. Add wine and cook a further minute, until it is almost evaporated.
- 3Combine the eggs, 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and pepper in a small bowl.
- 4Add the pancetta mixture and egg mixture to hot pasta. Toss quickly with tongs to coat pasta. Add reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt.
- 5Serve with remaining parmesan cheese.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020