- 150 gram angel hair spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 1 small carrot (70g), chopped finely
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 200 gram beef mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup (260g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 36 small basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease three 12-hole (1 tablespoon/20ml) round- based patty pans.
- 2Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain. Cool.
- 3Combine pasta, egg and cheese in medium bowl; divide pasta mixture into pan holes, press the mixture firmly to cover pan holes evenly.
- 4Bake pasta baskets about 20 minutes or until set. Cool in pans.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in medium frying pan. Cook vegetables, stirring, until soft. Add beef, cook, stirring, until browned. Add paste and sauce; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until bolognese thickens.
- 6Remove pasta baskets from pan using metal spatula; transfer to serving plate. Divide bolognese into baskets; top each with a basil leaf.
The pasta cases can be made, cooled and removed from the pans one day before the party. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. The bolognese sauce can be made two days ahead; keep it covered in the fridge. Assemble the baskets up to 3 hours before the party.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022