This slightly sweet soy-glazed trout with fresh greens has been created in a perfectionly portioned serving for one.
- ¼ cup (60ml) Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 200 grams boneless ocean trout fillet
- 2 stems choy sum (55g), chopped coarsely
- ½ cup (50g) sugar snap peas
- ¼ cup (40g) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped coarsely
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly diagonally
- toasted sesame seeds, extra coriander and steamed brown rice, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Combine sauce, sugar, ginger, oil and half the vinegar in a small saucepan; cook marinade, over high heat, for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- 3Place trout on a small baking-paper-lined oven tray; brush half the marinade over trout. Roast, in oven, for 8 minutes or until golden and almost cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add choy sum, cook for 1 minute; add sugar snap peas and peas, cook for a further minute or until vegetables are tender crisp. Drain well; transfer to a serving bowl with coriander and onion.
- 5Flake trout, discarding skin, add to bowl with remaining marinade and vinegar; toss gently to combine.
- 6Top with sesame seeds and extra coriander, and serve with rice, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesMar 05, 2021
- Our best cupcake recipesMar 04, 2021
- TiramisuMar 04, 2021
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesMar 04, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 04, 2021
- Meat piesMar 04, 2021
- Spaghetti marinaraMar 04, 2021
- Beef stroganoffMar 04, 2021
- Peanut butter and jelly french toastMar 04, 2021
- Perfect kids' party foodMar 04, 2021
- Curried sausagesMar 04, 2021
- TabboulehMar 04, 2021
- Harissa and maple pumpkin soupMar 04, 2021
- Lentil sausage rolls with tomato sumac saladMar 04, 2021