This slightly sweet soy-glazed trout with fresh greens has been created in a perfectionly portioned serving for one.
- ¼ cup (60ml) Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 200 grams boneless ocean trout fillet
- 2 stems choy sum (55g), chopped coarsely
- ½ cup (50g) sugar snap peas
- ¼ cup (40g) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped coarsely
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly diagonally
- toasted sesame seeds, extra coriander and steamed brown rice, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Combine sauce, sugar, ginger, oil and half the vinegar in a small saucepan; cook marinade, over high heat, for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- 3Place trout on a small baking-paper-lined oven tray; brush half the marinade over trout. Roast, in oven, for 8 minutes or until golden and almost cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add choy sum, cook for 1 minute; add sugar snap peas and peas, cook for a further minute or until vegetables are tender crisp. Drain well; transfer to a serving bowl with coriander and onion.
- 5Flake trout, discarding skin, add to bowl with remaining marinade and vinegar; toss gently to combine.
- 6Top with sesame seeds and extra coriander, and serve with rice, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021