- 2 cup (500ml) beef stock
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 70 gram beef fillet, sliced thinly
- 50 gram baby pak choy, leaves separated
- 30 gram rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1Combine stock, ginger and chilli in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2Add juice, sauce and beef to pan; return to the boil. Add pak choy; cook for 1 minute or until pak choy is wilted. Remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, place noodles in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 4Place noodles in a medium serving bowl; ladle over soup, top with onion and herbs.
Replace the baby pak choy with your favourite Asian green. For a little extra heat, slice a small red thai (serrano) chilli and add it to the soup with the herbs. If you prefer chicken, replace the beef stock with chicken stock and the beef with sliced chicken breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Verjuice chicken and leek stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken paprikashYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 16 tasty ways with risoni pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut beef curryYesterday 2:00pm