- 2 cup (500ml) beef stock
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 70 gram beef fillet, sliced thinly
- 50 gram baby pak choy, leaves separated
- 30 gram rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1Combine stock, ginger and chilli in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2Add juice, sauce and beef to pan; return to the boil. Add pak choy; cook for 1 minute or until pak choy is wilted. Remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, place noodles in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 4Place noodles in a medium serving bowl; ladle over soup, top with onion and herbs.
Replace the baby pak choy with your favourite Asian green. For a little extra heat, slice a small red thai (serrano) chilli and add it to the soup with the herbs. If you prefer chicken, replace the beef stock with chicken stock and the beef with sliced chicken breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Boston baked beansToday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesToday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesYesterday 11:12pm
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Lamb rack with sourdough, lemon and herb crustYesterday 10:43pm
- Lamb chops with slow-roast tomatoesYesterday 9:00pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast stuffed mushroomsYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato samosasYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast and brunch recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Banana pancakes with butterscotch sauceYesterday 1:00pm