- 2 cup (500ml) beef stock
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 70 gram beef fillet, sliced thinly
- 50 gram baby pak choy, leaves separated
- 30 gram rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1Combine stock, ginger and chilli in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2Add juice, sauce and beef to pan; return to the boil. Add pak choy; cook for 1 minute or until pak choy is wilted. Remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, place noodles in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 4Place noodles in a medium serving bowl; ladle over soup, top with onion and herbs.
Replace the baby pak choy with your favourite Asian green. For a little extra heat, slice a small red thai (serrano) chilli and add it to the soup with the herbs. If you prefer chicken, replace the beef stock with chicken stock and the beef with sliced chicken breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Potato Salad RecipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheAug 05, 2020
- Classic sconesAug 05, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020