- 2 cup (500ml) beef stock
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 70 gram beef fillet, sliced thinly
- 50 gram baby pak choy, leaves separated
- 30 gram rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1Combine stock, ginger and chilli in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2Add juice, sauce and beef to pan; return to the boil. Add pak choy; cook for 1 minute or until pak choy is wilted. Remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, place noodles in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 4Place noodles in a medium serving bowl; ladle over soup, top with onion and herbs.
Replace the baby pak choy with your favourite Asian green. For a little extra heat, slice a small red thai (serrano) chilli and add it to the soup with the herbs. If you prefer chicken, replace the beef stock with chicken stock and the beef with sliced chicken breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am