- 155 gram (5 ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 125 gram (4 ounces) unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease six-hole (¾-cup/180ml) texas muffin pan well with softened butter.
- 2Stir chocolate, butter and coffee in small saucepan, over low heat, until smooth; cool 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- 3Beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy. Fold egg mixture and sifted flour into barely warm chocolate mixture.
- 4Spoon mixture into pan holes; bake 12 minutes.
- 5Gently turn puddings onto serving plates, top-side down. Dust with sifted cocoa powder and serve immediately.
These cakes should be served shortly after they come out of the oven. If they are allowed to sit for a few minutes, the gooey centre will firm up and the chocolate won't ooze out when they're cut. Warning: the melted chocolate centre will be hot, so take care when biting into the cakes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021