- 155 gram (5 ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 125 gram (4 ounces) unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease six-hole (¾-cup/180ml) texas muffin pan well with softened butter.
- 2Stir chocolate, butter and coffee in small saucepan, over low heat, until smooth; cool 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- 3Beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy. Fold egg mixture and sifted flour into barely warm chocolate mixture.
- 4Spoon mixture into pan holes; bake 12 minutes.
- 5Gently turn puddings onto serving plates, top-side down. Dust with sifted cocoa powder and serve immediately.
These cakes should be served shortly after they come out of the oven. If they are allowed to sit for a few minutes, the gooey centre will firm up and the chocolate won't ooze out when they're cut. Warning: the melted chocolate centre will be hot, so take care when biting into the cakes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fettuccine carbonaraToday 5:37am
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Best edible Christmas giftsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020
- Raspberry and almond trifleNov 20, 2020
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 20, 2020
- Iced vovo sliceNov 19, 2020
- Christmas pudding ice-cream bombesNov 19, 2020
- Banana smoothieNov 19, 2020
- Honeycomb and hazelnut frozen parfait puddingNov 19, 2020
- How to make preserved lemonsNov 19, 2020