- 400 gram gai lan
- 375 gram choy sum
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 shallots (150g), halved, sliced thinly
- 4 centimetre piece fresh ginger (20g), cut into matchsticks
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 150 gram button mushrooms, quartered
- 100 gram shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 115 gram baby corn, halved lengthways
- 3 1/2 cup (625g) cooked brown rice (see tips)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1Cut stalks from gai lan and choy sum. Cut stalks into 10cm lengths; cut leaves into 10cm pieces. Keep stalks and leaves separated. Chop half the coriander; reserve remaining leaves.
- 2Cook eggs in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until soft-boiled; drain. When cool enough to handle, shell eggs.
- 3Meanwhile, heat half the vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat; stir-fry shallots for 8 minutes or until soft and light golden. Add ginger, garlic and half the chilli; stir-fry for 4 minutes or until softened. Transfer mixture to a plate.
- 4Heat remaining vegetable oil in wok over medium-high heat; stir-fry mushrooms and corn for 4 minutes or until just tender. Add asian green stalks to wok; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add asian green leaves, rice, sesame oil, kecap manis, shallot mixture and chopped coriander; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until rice is hot and leaves are wilted. Season to taste.
- 5Serve nasi goreng topped with reserved coriander leaves, remaining chilli and eggs.
You need to cook 1 1/2 cups (300g) brown rice to get the amount of cooked rice needed here. This recipe is packed full of nutrition - mushrooms provide B vitamins and essential minerals; leafy asian greens provide vitamin C, beta-carotene and potassium, and just a few kilojoules. Ginger and chilli are no slouches nutritionally either, both contain powerful antioxidants (which fight the chemical processes that can damage the body's cells).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019