- 1 egg
- cold water
- 1Always cook a fresh egg and one that is at room temperature (not straight out of the fridge).
- 2Place egg into a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer: 2 minutes for really soft runny egg, 3 minutes for white just set and creamy yolk, and 4 minutes for white and yolk perfectly set with yolk that is creamy.
- 3Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and transfer to egg cup. Slice off top and serve.
Always use a kitchen timer avoid using your watch or clock. Never use fast boiling water; a gentle simmer is all they need. Never boil eggs longer than necessary as the yolks turn dark and rubbery.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What's in season in MarchYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli and Tom Yum prawn fried riceYesterday 5:12am
- Monte carlo biscuitsYesterday 3:00am
- Linguine with garlic prawns & chorizoYesterday 2:00am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 1:02am
- Chewy chocolate sliceFeb 26, 2020
- Chelsea bunsFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon pattiesFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon niçoise tray bakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla custard pieFeb 26, 2020
- Molten chocolate lava cakesFeb 26, 2020
- Mediterranean fish pieFeb 26, 2020
- Melt-and-mix strawberry yoghurt cakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla panna cotta with berry compoteFeb 26, 2020
- White wine mussels with pearl couscousFeb 26, 2020