- 1 egg
- cold water
- 1Always cook a fresh egg and one that is at room temperature (not straight out of the fridge).
- 2Place egg into a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer: 2 minutes for really soft runny egg, 3 minutes for white just set and creamy yolk, and 4 minutes for white and yolk perfectly set with yolk that is creamy.
- 3Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and transfer to egg cup. Slice off top and serve.
Always use a kitchen timer avoid using your watch or clock. Never use fast boiling water; a gentle simmer is all they need. Never boil eggs longer than necessary as the yolks turn dark and rubbery.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpToday 1:00pm
- French toastToday 1:00pm
- Honey joysToday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019