- 100 gram unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C or 150°C fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- 3Combine extra sugar and cinnamon on a plate. Roll dough into walnut-size balls and then coat in cinnamon mixture. Place on prepared trays, allowing room for spreading, and flatten slightly.
- 4Bake for 8-10 mins, until firm. Cool slightly on trays for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
You can use wholemeal plain flour if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021