You'll love this fresh quinoa salad packed full of vegetables and smoked tuna for a fresh and tasty lunch idea.
- ½ cup (100g) red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 1 red shallot (25g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red capsicum (150g)
- 1 small yellow capsicum (150g)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 350 grams broccolini
- 2 x 125g (4-ounce) cans smoked tuna in olive oil, drained
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, roasted
- ¹⁄³ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¹⁄³ cup (80ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Place quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, make dressing. Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Place quinoa in a medium bowl with shallot and half the dressing; toss to combine.
- 4Quarter capsicums; discard seeds and membranes.
Cut each piece of capsicum in half lengthways. Spray capsicum and broccolini with oil; cook, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 5Serve quinoa mixture topped with capsicum, broccolini, tuna, walnuts and parsley; drizzle with remaining dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021