You'll love this fresh quinoa salad packed full of vegetables and smoked tuna for a fresh and tasty lunch idea.
- ½ cup (100g) red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 1 red shallot (25g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red capsicum (150g)
- 1 small yellow capsicum (150g)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 350 grams broccolini
- 2 x 125g (4-ounce) cans smoked tuna in olive oil, drained
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, roasted
- ¹⁄³ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¹⁄³ cup (80ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Place quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, make dressing. Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Place quinoa in a medium bowl with shallot and half the dressing; toss to combine.
- 4Quarter capsicums; discard seeds and membranes.
Cut each piece of capsicum in half lengthways. Spray capsicum and broccolini with oil; cook, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 5Serve quinoa mixture topped with capsicum, broccolini, tuna, walnuts and parsley; drizzle with remaining dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021