You'll love this fresh quinoa salad packed full of vegetables and smoked tuna for a fresh and tasty lunch idea.
- ½ cup (100g) red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 1 red shallot (25g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red capsicum (150g)
- 1 small yellow capsicum (150g)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 350 grams broccolini
- 2 x 125g (4-ounce) cans smoked tuna in olive oil, drained
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, roasted
- ¹⁄³ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¹⁄³ cup (80ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Place quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, make dressing. Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Place quinoa in a medium bowl with shallot and half the dressing; toss to combine.
- 4Quarter capsicums; discard seeds and membranes.
Cut each piece of capsicum in half lengthways. Spray capsicum and broccolini with oil; cook, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 5Serve quinoa mixture topped with capsicum, broccolini, tuna, walnuts and parsley; drizzle with remaining dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021