- 1/3 cup (45g) roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 green onion (scallion), sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tablespoon fried asian shallots
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 350 gram smoked tofu, cut into 1cm pieces (see notes)
- 1 medium avocado (250g), sliced thinly
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh vietnamese mint leaves
- 75 gram baby salad leaves
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1Make peanut dressing: Whisk ingredients in a medium bowl until combined.
- 2Whisk eggs, the water, shallots and tamari in a large bowl; season.
- 3Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Pour half the egg mixture into wok; cook, tilting wok, until almost set. Remove omelette from wok. Repeat with remaining egg mixture. Roll omelettes tightly, then slice thinly; reserve.
- 4Place tofu in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and the peanut dressing; toss to combine.
- 5Serve tofu salad topped with the reserved omelette.
Smoked tofu can be found at health food stores, you can however use regular hard tofu instead for this recipe. Vietnamese mint can be found in Asian supermarkets. To keep bean sprouts crisp and crunchy, store them in cold water in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpToday 1:00pm
- French toastToday 1:00pm
- Honey joysToday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019