- 1/3 cup (45g) roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 green onion (scallion), sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tablespoon fried asian shallots
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 350 gram smoked tofu, cut into 1cm pieces (see notes)
- 1 medium avocado (250g), sliced thinly
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh vietnamese mint leaves
- 75 gram baby salad leaves
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1Make peanut dressing: Whisk ingredients in a medium bowl until combined.
- 2Whisk eggs, the water, shallots and tamari in a large bowl; season.
- 3Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Pour half the egg mixture into wok; cook, tilting wok, until almost set. Remove omelette from wok. Repeat with remaining egg mixture. Roll omelettes tightly, then slice thinly; reserve.
- 4Place tofu in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and the peanut dressing; toss to combine.
- 5Serve tofu salad topped with the reserved omelette.
Smoked tofu can be found at health food stores, you can however use regular hard tofu instead for this recipe. Vietnamese mint can be found in Asian supermarkets. To keep bean sprouts crisp and crunchy, store them in cold water in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021