- 1/3 cup (45g) roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 green onion (scallion), sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tablespoon fried asian shallots
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 350 gram smoked tofu, cut into 1cm pieces (see notes)
- 1 medium avocado (250g), sliced thinly
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh vietnamese mint leaves
- 75 gram baby salad leaves
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1Make peanut dressing: Whisk ingredients in a medium bowl until combined.
- 2Whisk eggs, the water, shallots and tamari in a large bowl; season.
- 3Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Pour half the egg mixture into wok; cook, tilting wok, until almost set. Remove omelette from wok. Repeat with remaining egg mixture. Roll omelettes tightly, then slice thinly; reserve.
- 4Place tofu in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and the peanut dressing; toss to combine.
- 5Serve tofu salad topped with the reserved omelette.
Smoked tofu can be found at health food stores, you can however use regular hard tofu instead for this recipe. Vietnamese mint can be found in Asian supermarkets. To keep bean sprouts crisp and crunchy, store them in cold water in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020