- 1 kilogram kipfler (fingerling) potatoes
- 40 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion (80g), sliced thinly
- 220 gram sliced smoked salmon
- 1 small green capsicum (bell pepper) (150g), chopped finely
- 12 (150g) quail eggs
- 2 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 1Wash unpeeled potatoes, cut in half lengthways. Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan, cook potatoes, covered, for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned lightly and tender.
- 2Add onion to pan, cook, stirring, until onion softens. Top potato mixture with torn salmon slices, sprinkle with capsicum.
- 3Crack eggs, one at a time, into a cup, then carefully slide on top of capsicum in pan.
- 4Combine capers, vinegar, horseradish cream and mustard in a small jug, pour over eggs, cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until eggs are set. Season to taste, serve sprinkled with chives.
This recipe is the perfect way to use up the last of your smoked salmon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsYesterday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019