- 1 kilogram kipfler (fingerling) potatoes
- 40 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion (80g), sliced thinly
- 220 gram sliced smoked salmon
- 1 small_piece green capsicum (bell pepper) (150g), chopped finely
- 12 (150g) quail eggs
- 2 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 1Wash unpeeled potatoes, cut in half lengthways. Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan, cook potatoes, covered, for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned lightly and tender.
- 2Add onion to pan, cook, stirring, until onion softens. Top potato mixture with torn salmon slices, sprinkle with capsicum.
- 3Crack eggs, one at a time, into a cup, then carefully slide on top of capsicum in pan.
- 4Combine capers, vinegar, horseradish cream and mustard in a small jug, pour over eggs, cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until eggs are set. Season to taste, serve sprinkled with chives.
This recipe is the perfect way to use up the last of your smoked salmon.