- 1 kilogram kipfler (fingerling) potatoes
- 40 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion (80g), sliced thinly
- 220 gram sliced smoked salmon
- 1 small green capsicum (bell pepper) (150g), chopped finely
- 12 (150g) quail eggs
- 2 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 1Wash unpeeled potatoes, cut in half lengthways. Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan, cook potatoes, covered, for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned lightly and tender.
- 2Add onion to pan, cook, stirring, until onion softens. Top potato mixture with torn salmon slices, sprinkle with capsicum.
- 3Crack eggs, one at a time, into a cup, then carefully slide on top of capsicum in pan.
- 4Combine capers, vinegar, horseradish cream and mustard in a small jug, pour over eggs, cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until eggs are set. Season to taste, serve sprinkled with chives.
This recipe is the perfect way to use up the last of your smoked salmon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021