- 1 kilogram kipfler (fingerling) potatoes
- 40 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion (80g), sliced thinly
- 220 gram sliced smoked salmon
- 1 small green capsicum (bell pepper) (150g), chopped finely
- 12 (150g) quail eggs
- 2 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 1Wash unpeeled potatoes, cut in half lengthways. Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan, cook potatoes, covered, for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned lightly and tender.
- 2Add onion to pan, cook, stirring, until onion softens. Top potato mixture with torn salmon slices, sprinkle with capsicum.
- 3Crack eggs, one at a time, into a cup, then carefully slide on top of capsicum in pan.
- 4Combine capers, vinegar, horseradish cream and mustard in a small jug, pour over eggs, cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until eggs are set. Season to taste, serve sprinkled with chives.
This recipe is the perfect way to use up the last of your smoked salmon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019