- 2 kilogram leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bulbs garlic, halved crossways
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- steamed green beans, vegetables, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 2Place lamb leg in a large baking dish; rub salt and olive oil over meat. Place garlic and rosemary around lamb; pour stock into dish. Roast, uncovered, 1 hour.
- 3Remove dish from oven; pour combined wine and lemon juice into dish. Cover tightly with foil; return to oven further 3 hours.
- 4Remove dish from oven and remove foil; return to oven a further ½ hour, brushing occasionally with pan juices, until meat is browned and falling from the bone.
- 5Serve with some of the pan juices, garlic and steamed green beans and vegetables, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022