- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 1 medium carrot (120g), chopped finely
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 grams (13 ounce) canned crushed tomatoes
- 400 grams (12½ ounces) canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups (500ml) water, approximately
- 3/4 cup (100g) dried small pasta tubes
- 150 grams (4½ ounces) green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm (1¼-inch) lengths
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen green peas
- 1/4 small cabbage (300g), shredded finely
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup loosely packed small fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1Place garlic, onion, celery, carrot, stock, paste and tomatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours.
- 2Add cannellini beans and enough of the water to make a thick soup consistency. Cook, covered, on low, for 2 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, adding green beans and peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- 4Divide pasta, green beans, peas and cabbage among serving bowls; ladle soup mixture into bowls. Serve minestrone topped with parmesan and parsley.
Accompany with toasted crusty bread. Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019