- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 1 medium carrot (120g), chopped finely
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 grams (13 ounce) canned crushed tomatoes
- 400 grams (12½ ounces) canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups (500ml) water, approximately
- 3/4 cup (100g) dried small pasta tubes
- 150 grams (4½ ounces) green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm (1¼-inch) lengths
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen green peas
- 1/4 small cabbage (300g), shredded finely
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup loosely packed small fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1Place garlic, onion, celery, carrot, stock, paste and tomatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours.
- 2Add cannellini beans and enough of the water to make a thick soup consistency. Cook, covered, on low, for 2 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, adding green beans and peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- 4Divide pasta, green beans, peas and cabbage among serving bowls; ladle soup mixture into bowls. Serve minestrone topped with parmesan and parsley.
Accompany with toasted crusty bread. Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022