- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 1 medium carrot (120g), chopped finely
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 grams (13 ounce) canned crushed tomatoes
- 400 grams (12½ ounces) canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups (500ml) water, approximately
- 3/4 cup (100g) dried small pasta tubes
- 150 grams (4½ ounces) green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm (1¼-inch) lengths
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen green peas
- 1/4 small cabbage (300g), shredded finely
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup loosely packed small fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1Place garlic, onion, celery, carrot, stock, paste and tomatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours.
- 2Add cannellini beans and enough of the water to make a thick soup consistency. Cook, covered, on low, for 2 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, adding green beans and peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- 4Divide pasta, green beans, peas and cabbage among serving bowls; ladle soup mixture into bowls. Serve minestrone topped with parmesan and parsley.
Accompany with toasted crusty bread. Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeAug 13, 2020
- Lemon sand cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate stout cakeAug 13, 2020
- Fruit spirals with white chocolate sauceAug 13, 2020
- Coconut & lemon curd cakeAug 13, 2020
- Delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 13, 2020
- Cherry, almond & brown butter cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear scrollsAug 13, 2020
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaAug 12, 2020
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesAug 12, 2020
- RatatouilleAug 12, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020