- 6 piece veal osso buco (1.2kg), trimmed
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 gram butter
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup (125ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1Toss veal in flour to coat, shake off excess.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan; cook veal, in batches, until browned all over. Transfer veal to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 3Add garlic and sage to same frying pan; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add vinegar; boil, uncovered, 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in stock. Transfer to cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours. Season to taste.
- 4Serve veal topped with some extra sage leaves.
Serve with mashed potato or soft polenta, and steamed green beans. You could use veal forequarter chops in this recipe. Use regular balsamic vinegar, not an aged vinegar or balsamic glaze. Complete recipe to the end of step 2. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020