- 6 piece veal osso buco (1.2kg), trimmed
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 gram butter
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup (125ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1Toss veal in flour to coat, shake off excess.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan; cook veal, in batches, until browned all over. Transfer veal to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 3Add garlic and sage to same frying pan; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add vinegar; boil, uncovered, 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in stock. Transfer to cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours. Season to taste.
- 4Serve veal topped with some extra sage leaves.
Serve with mashed potato or soft polenta, and steamed green beans. You could use veal forequarter chops in this recipe. Use regular balsamic vinegar, not an aged vinegar or balsamic glaze. Complete recipe to the end of step 2. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020