- 2 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (70g) wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets (1.6kg)
- 1 medium leek (350g), trimmed, sliced thickly
- 2 celery stalks (300g), rimmed, sliced thickly
- 400 gram baby carrots, peeled
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Place cornflour and mustard powder in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Gradually whisk in wine and stock until smooth. Add mustard and honey; whisk until smooth.
- 2Remove and discard fat and skin from chicken. Place chicken, leek, celery and carrots in cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours.
- 3Add peas to cooker; cook, covered, 20 minutes. Stir in cream; season to taste. Serve chicken topped with parsley.
Serve with mashed potato. Chicken thigh cutlets usually come with the skin and centre bone intact, although sometimes they can be found without the skin. Poultry shops and most major supermarkets will sell them. We used a chardonnay-style wine. This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019