- 2 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (70g) wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets (1.6kg)
- 1 medium leek (350g), trimmed, sliced thickly
- 2 celery stalks (300g), rimmed, sliced thickly
- 400 gram baby carrots, peeled
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Place cornflour and mustard powder in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Gradually whisk in wine and stock until smooth. Add mustard and honey; whisk until smooth.
- 2Remove and discard fat and skin from chicken. Place chicken, leek, celery and carrots in cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours.
- 3Add peas to cooker; cook, covered, 20 minutes. Stir in cream; season to taste. Serve chicken topped with parsley.
Serve with mashed potato. Chicken thigh cutlets usually come with the skin and centre bone intact, although sometimes they can be found without the skin. Poultry shops and most major supermarkets will sell them. We used a chardonnay-style wine. This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021