- 2 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (70g) wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets (1.6kg)
- 1 medium leek (350g), trimmed, sliced thickly
- 2 celery stalks (300g), rimmed, sliced thickly
- 400 gram baby carrots, peeled
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Place cornflour and mustard powder in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Gradually whisk in wine and stock until smooth. Add mustard and honey; whisk until smooth.
- 2Remove and discard fat and skin from chicken. Place chicken, leek, celery and carrots in cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours.
- 3Add peas to cooker; cook, covered, 20 minutes. Stir in cream; season to taste. Serve chicken topped with parsley.
Serve with mashed potato. Chicken thigh cutlets usually come with the skin and centre bone intact, although sometimes they can be found without the skin. Poultry shops and most major supermarkets will sell them. We used a chardonnay-style wine. This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020
- Easy recipes with leeksNov 23, 2020
- Fettuccine carbonaraNov 23, 2020