Slow-cooked smoky sticky pork ribs
- 2 kilogram american-style pork ribs
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (280g) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (55g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/4 small green cabbage (300g), shredded finely
- 1/4 small red cabbage, (300g), shredded finely
- 1 large carrot (180g) sliced thinly
- 1 cup (120g) coarsely grated vintage cheddar
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup (225g) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cider vinegar
Slow-cooked smoky sticky pork ribs with coleslaw
- 1Cut pork ribs into pieces that will fit into the slow cooker.
- 2Combine garlic with remaining ingredients in a large shallow dish; add pork, turn to coat pork in sauce. Transfer pork and sauce to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 3Cook, covered, on high, for 4 hours. Turn ribs once during cooking time for even cooking.
- 4When almost ready to serve, make coleslaw. Place cabbages, carrot, onion, cheese, chives mayonnaise and vinegar in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Season to taste.
- 5Carefully remove ribs from the cooker; cover to keep warm. Transfer sauce to a medium frying pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, skimming fat from surface, for 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced to 1 cup.
- 6Serve ribs drizzled with sauce, and with coleslaw.
Ask the butcher to cut the ribs into pieces that will fit into your slow cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Roast pork with apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 1:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- MayonnaiseYesterday 1:00pm
- 32 amazing ways with applesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021