Slow-cooked smoky sticky pork ribs
- 2 kilogram american-style pork ribs
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (280g) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (55g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/4 small green cabbage (300g), shredded finely
- 1/4 small red cabbage, (300g), shredded finely
- 1 large carrot (180g) sliced thinly
- 1 cup (120g) coarsely grated vintage cheddar
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup (225g) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cider vinegar
Slow-cooked smoky sticky pork ribs with coleslaw
- 1Cut pork ribs into pieces that will fit into the slow cooker.
- 2Combine garlic with remaining ingredients in a large shallow dish; add pork, turn to coat pork in sauce. Transfer pork and sauce to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 3Cook, covered, on high, for 4 hours. Turn ribs once during cooking time for even cooking.
- 4When almost ready to serve, make coleslaw. Place cabbages, carrot, onion, cheese, chives mayonnaise and vinegar in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Season to taste.
- 5Carefully remove ribs from the cooker; cover to keep warm. Transfer sauce to a medium frying pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, skimming fat from surface, for 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced to 1 cup.
- 6Serve ribs drizzled with sauce, and with coleslaw.
Ask the butcher to cut the ribs into pieces that will fit into your slow cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021