- 30 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 1.8 kilogram pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 1 large potato (300g) chopped coursely
- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 3 cup (750ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Heat butter and oil in large frying pan; cook leek, stirring, until soft.
- 2Combine leek, pumpkin, potato, stock and the water in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- 3Cool soup 10 minutes. Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to cooker. Cook, covered, on high, about 20 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cream. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup topped with remaining cream and chives.
Be careful when blending or processing hot soup. Don't over fill the container (one-third to half-full as a guide) and ensure the lid is secure.SUITABLE TO FREEZE at the end of step 2.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What to make with your preserved lemonYesterday 2:00pm
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeYesterday 5:39am
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022