- 30 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 1.8 kilogram pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 3 cup (750ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Heat butter and oil in large frying pan; cook leek, stirring, until soft.
- 2Combine leek, pumpkin, potato, stock and the water in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- 3Cool soup 10 minutes. Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to cooker. Cook, covered, on high, about 20 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cream. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup topped with remaining cream and chives.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021