- 30 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 1.8 kilogram pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 3 cup (750ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Heat butter and oil in large frying pan; cook leek, stirring, until soft.
- 2Combine leek, pumpkin, potato, stock and the water in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- 3Cool soup 10 minutes. Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to cooker. Cook, covered, on high, about 20 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cream. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup topped with remaining cream and chives.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What's in season in MarchYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli and Tom Yum prawn fried riceYesterday 5:12am
- Monte carlo biscuitsYesterday 3:00am
- Linguine with garlic prawns & chorizoYesterday 2:00am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 1:02am
- Chewy chocolate sliceFeb 26, 2020
- Chelsea bunsFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon pattiesFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon niçoise tray bakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla custard pieFeb 26, 2020
- Molten chocolate lava cakesFeb 26, 2020
- Mediterranean fish pieFeb 26, 2020
- Melt-and-mix strawberry yoghurt cakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla panna cotta with berry compoteFeb 26, 2020
- White wine mussels with pearl couscousFeb 26, 2020