- 30 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 1.8 kilogram pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 3 cup (750ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Heat butter and oil in large frying pan; cook leek, stirring, until soft.
- 2Combine leek, pumpkin, potato, stock and the water in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- 3Cool soup 10 minutes. Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to cooker. Cook, covered, on high, about 20 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cream. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup topped with remaining cream and chives.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsToday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019