- 30 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 1.8 kilogram pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 3 cup (750ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Heat butter and oil in large frying pan; cook leek, stirring, until soft.
- 2Combine leek, pumpkin, potato, stock and the water in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- 3Cool soup 10 minutes. Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to cooker. Cook, covered, on high, about 20 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cream. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup topped with remaining cream and chives.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Roast pork with apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 1:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- MayonnaiseYesterday 1:00pm
- 32 amazing ways with applesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021